Utah Sales Tax Exemption Information

  • updated 3 yrs ago

1)      If you believe your purchases are tax exempt, you must provide Kotis with Utah's form TC-721:

  • If you are registered in Utah: https://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-721.pdf
    • This must be filled out after you have received a Tax ID from the State of Utah. It is for resale exemptions as well as nonprofits and more. It will remain on file with Kotis and apply to all purchases as needed.

  • If you are registered in any other US state:  https://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-721.pdf

    • This form requires that you have a valid resale certificate for a different state within the US

    • Please indicate the two letter state abbreviation of the state where you are registered next to the sales tax license number 

    • Note that you may have obligations to register as a Utah Retailer if you have inventory in the state. Please consult your tax adviser.

2)      If you need to register with the both the “Utah Department of Commerce” and the “Utah Sales Tax Commission”, you can do them at the same time here

3)      If you do not need to register with the Department of Commerce, you can register with only the “Utah Sales Tax Commission” here.

4)      If you are a non-profit, you may be able to register without doing steps #2 and #3 by using this form

  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 117Views
  • 1 Following