Shipping to India - KYC Forms
"Know Your Customer" (KYC) is a form mandated by the Indian government to help clear items in customs. Every shipment to India must have these forms filled out, and it is best to do so before the shipment arrives at customs to avoid delays.
- Submit KYC forms electronically: https://kyc.fedex.com
- FedEx KYC FAQ: https://kyc.fedex.com/#/frequently-asked-questions
- Fill out KYC forms here: https://www.ups.com/media/en/KYC-Form-Revised.pdf
- Send the completed PDF form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals need to provide a PAN/Passport/Voter ID, Aadhaar
- Businesses need to provide a GSTIN (if GST registered) or UIN/PAN (unregistered)
- Authority letter: to authorize the carrier to process the shipment for customs clearance
- Importer Exporter Code (IEC): 10-digit alpha-numeric number issued by the Director General Foreign Trade (DGFT) for imports and exports
- IEC is required for processing the shipment for customs clearance
- View exemptions to filing IEC
- To prevent delays and issues in customs, do not add a business name to shipments going to India for personal use. This can cause the shipment to be delayed or even abandoned/returned.
Reach out to our Customer Service team for further assistance: email@example.com